September 27, 2011

Oatmeal Cupcake

Working in the day time , cooking for dinner after work, taking care of baby at night makes life really hectic in a way . Well all this doesn't stop me from exploring more new recipes. Its been a while since I update my blog , I have to confess that I feel guilty but at the same time , I have to set my priority right which means family come first.

I have been busy taking care of baby Ryan as he was down with fever for the past 1 week. Thank god , everything is over now. So here I am , I am back to cooking and baking again . Yippee!!!!

I have never like eating oat . The smell of oat does not attracts me at all. I was flipping through my recipe book when I found this Oatmeal Cupcake. I was telling myself, this might be a chance for me to really appreciate Oat.

It turn out to be a hit. Believe it or not , I have been baking more than 150 of this Oatmeal Cupcake within a week , and it just vanished from my eyesight within 20 minutes. Gosh , those kids really love Oatmeal Cupcakes eh .



Ingredients 
300g    Butter 
200g    Icing Sugar ( Original recipe calls for 240g of Icing Sugar ) 
4          Eggs 
260g    Superfine Flour 
30g      Milk Powder 
2 tsp    Baking Powder 
90g      Instant Oat   ( Original recipe calls for 60g Instant Oat ) 

Method 
  • Preheat oven to 190C
  • Sift Superfine flour , Milk powder and baking powder. Set aside .
  • Beat butter and icing sugar till creamy and fluffy 
  • Add in egg gradually and mix till smooth 
  • Turn to low speed, fold in flour slowly till well combine. 
  • Using a wooden spatula , stir in the instant oatmeal will well combine. 
  • Scoop into cupcake moulds till 2/3 full and top with oatmeal. 
  • Bake in preheated oven at 190C for 20-25 minutes . Enjoy your cupcake...;) 
Its a worth trying recipe. You will definitely love it. ;)

    Recipe adapted from CHARMING CUPCAKE RECIPE BOOK 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment